Medicare Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Medicare in Ann Arbor, MI and Brighton, MI
If you are approaching the age of 65, it's important to understand what Medicare is and how it works. Medicare is a federal health insurance program that provides coverage for millions of Americans over 65 and people with certain disabilities or chronic health conditions.
What Is Medicare?
Medicare is a federal health insurance program established in 1965 to provide healthcare coverage to Americans over 65. Since then, the program has expanded to include people with specific disabilities and chronic health conditions. Medicare is funded by payroll taxes and premiums paid by beneficiaries.
There are several parts to Medicare, including the following:
- Medicare Part A—Also known as hospital insurance, Medicare Part A provides coverage for hospital stays, skilled nursing care, and home health care.
- Medicare Part B—Also known as medical insurance, Medicare Part B provides coverage for doctor visits, outpatient care, and some preventive services.
- Medicare Part C—Also known as Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part C is offered by private insurance companies. It provides all the coverage of Parts A and B, as well as additional benefits like vision and dental care.
- Medicare Part D—This part of Medicare provides prescription drug coverage.
There may be additional parts to Medicare, and certain types may not be appropriate for you. Work with Active Insurance Agency, LLC to determine the best coverage.
What Does Medicare Cover?
The specific benefits covered by Medicare depend on which parts of the program you enroll in. Generally, Medicare covers the following:
- Hospital stays
- Doctor visits
- Outpatient services
- Prescription drugs
- Preventive care, such as cancer screenings and vaccines
- Certain home health services
- Hospice care
It is also important to note that Medicare may not cover all medical expenses, and some people may choose to supplement their coverage with additional insurance plans.
Who Needs Medicare?
Most people become eligible for Medicare around their 65th birthday. However, some people qualify earlier if they have end-stage renal disease (ESRD) or other qualifying disabilities. Please speak to one of our agents to learn more about your individual qualifications.
How to Get Medicare
Active Insurance Agency, LLC is here to help with your Medicare needs and questions. Call us today to learn more.
1 - This is not a complete listing of plans available in your service area. For a complete listing please contact 1-800-MEDICARE (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048), 24 hours a day/7 days a week or consult www.medicare.gov.
Medicare has neither reviewed nor endorsed this information.