Medicare Advantage in Ann Arbor, MI and Brighton, MI
If you’re approaching (or are) 65 years old, you may have considered your Medicare coverage options. There are multiple ways to receive your coverage, and the way you decide should be based on picking the plan best suited for your needs. One option for coverage is a Medicare Advantage Plan. Medicare Advantage Plans provide another option to receive your Medicare Part A and Part B coverage. Sometimes these plans are referred to as Part C and often include Part D or prescription drug coverage. Whichever plan you choose, our agents at Active Insurance Agency, LLC are ready to assist you with your coverage.
What Is Included In a Medicare Advantage Plan?
A Medicare Advantage Plan is an all-in-one plan. This bundled policy is an alternative to Original Medicare and comes with additional benefits, unlike Original Medicare. These plans typically have a lower cost as well. Included in your Medicare Advantage Plan is the following:
· Part A
· Part B
Medicare Advantage plans cover almost all Part A and Part B services. In addition, they can include some or all of the following:
· Part D
· Extra benefits
· Some plans include lower out-of-pocket costs
Each plan varies a bit, so be sure to review the types of Medicare Advantage Plans available to you.
What Are the Types of Medicare Advantage Plans Available?
There are several types of Medicare Advantage Plans to choose from. Each plan is unique and comes with different benefits:
· Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans—In most HMOs, you can only go to doctors, other health care providers or hospitals in the plan’s network, except in an urgent or emergency situation. You may also need to get a referral from your primary care doctor for tests or to see other doctors or specialists.
· Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans—In a PPO, you pay less if you use doctors, hospitals and other health care providers that belong to the plan’s network. Typically, you will pay more if you use doctors, hospitals and providers outside of the network.
· Private Fee-for-Service (PFFS) plans—PFFS plans are similar to Original Medicare in that you can generally go to any Medicare-approved doctor, other health care provider or hospital as long as they accept the plan’s payment terms. The plan determines how much it will pay doctors, other health care providers, hospitals, and how much you must pay when you get care.
· Special Needs Plans (SNPs)—SNPs provide focused and specialized health care for specific groups of people, like those who have both Medicare and Medicaid, live in a nursing home, or have certain chronic medical conditions.
· HMO Point-of-Service (HMO-POS) plans—These are HMO plans that may allow you to get some services out-of-network for a higher copayment or coinsurance.
Be sure to review each plan and discuss your needs with an agent before determining which plan is best suited for your needs.
Get Started With a Medicare Advantage Plan
Your agents at Active Insurance Agency LLC are well versed in Medicare and ready to help you through your coverage options. To get started with a Medicare Advantage Plan, contact your agent today.