If you’re approaching age 65, you might be reconsidering your health care options. Medicare is a health insurance policy available to those 65 years or older. Medicare can also cover various disabilities and end-stage renal disease before age 65.
Active Insurance Agency LLC agents are here to help you sort through your coverage options.
Medicare is an insurance coverage option for those under the following categories:
· People who are 65 or older
· Certain younger people with disabilities
· People with end-stage renal disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a transplant, sometimes called ESRD)
Various types of coverage are available to you, depending on your health care needs.
Medicare’s primary benefits consist of two types of coverage, which comprise Original Medicare:
- Medicare Part A (Hospital Coverage)—This coverage pays for hospital services. It might pay for inpatient hospitalizations, surgeries, IV treatments and similar care.
- Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance)—This coverage is for everyday health care needs. Part B pays for regular checkups, lab services, X-rays, vaccinations and other outpatient costs.
These benefits remain the same for all Medicare beneficiaries and are mainly supported by the federal government and payroll taxes.
Additional Medicare Coverage Options
Everyone’s health care needs differ, and private insurers offer enhanced, Medicare-approved benefits designed to fill gaps in coverage left by Original Medicare.
- Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage)—Advantage plans must offer all the benefits of Part A and Part B coverage (with limited exceptions). However, they take your coverage further by providing expanded benefits like prescription drug coverage, dental insurance and vision care. You’ll most likely need to use doctors in the plan’s network.
- Medicare Part D (Medicare Prescription Drug Benefits)—Original Medicare participants who do not have Medicare Advantage can buy Part D coverage to get their prescription drug insurance. Part D plans offer various drug formularies, premiums and pharmacy networks.
- Medicare Supplementals (Medigap Plans)—Medicare supplements are private plans designed to cover outstanding costs not insured by Original Medicare, such as copayments, deductibles, coinsurance and out-of-network care.
Learn More About Medicare
Medicare can be stressful, especially if you’ve just started exploring your options. Our agents at Active Insurance Agency LLC are here to help you every step of the way. Reach out to an agent for further information or to get started with coverage.